Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HHS Review

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hallie: She is pretty cute. I like her fairy outfit and it will go perfect in Kaitlin's room. These dolls are surprisingly heavy. They are very skinny and they look a bit weird in tights or bare legs. But the poseability of the dolls are awesome. You can do a lot with them. They have a cute little book bag. They also stand very well by themselves. Better than the 18" dolls. But they are not very huggable. I think they are a cross between a Barbie type/action figure type and a huggable type doll. I think they are great to act out stories and play but not really great for developing a long term loving relationship.

    Gwen: same general stuff but looks a lot better in pants. Very cute. The whole smirk thing is really not a problem. I think these dolls look a lot better in person and have a lot of play value.

    Teachers kit: very cute but you could compile this on your own. But with the code probably for the same cost. The binder was larger than I would have expected for a young child. But it is sweet and you can add other teacher items and you have a cute play set.

    Over all this product is very good. I have to say honestly you don't need more than 2 or 3 of these dolls. Even if they make all 9 or 10 of the characters, I won't get them all. At first I thought they were more like an expensive Barbie and the more the merrier. But in reality, they are huge step up and I don't think you would want or need more than 4 of these dolls. 3 is preferable. But Kym seems to think it should be an even number. I think it is typical high quality AG. The books are fabulous. I read two of them yesterday. They have great life lessons and the characters are adorable. I think the parent suggestions are nice but a bit extensive. I can't imagine doing all of them. But you can pick and choose to do a few of them. I would say that this product is more suited to girls 4-6 as recommended. I think the dolls are fine for girls as young as 2 1/2 but the whole school concept is not something they will really get till they are in at least 3 1/2 year old preschool. I actually think the school aspect is more geared to kindergarten and first grade. But excellent product. With that in mind, I need to work out which Christmas I will give them to Kaitlin. 3 or 4 years old. I think it is better suited to a 4 year old but that is the year we give her first AG, Samantha. I don't want Samantha to be over shadowed by any other dolls that year. Gee, the things I worry about?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the review!!! Enjoy everything!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the review. I've been contemplating gettting the hopscotch hill dolls and accessories after I graduate. But didn't know if they were worth it... or if I would like them for their body type. The faces look kind of scary online too. I am still thinking about it. I do have a lot of dolls, but they fill me with happiness.

    Does anyone think that they are going to be taken off the market soon? Just a rumor I heard,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •